In recognition of the importance of personal information provided, the Academic eXchange for Information Environment and Strategy (hereinafter, “AXIES”) collects, uses, and manages personal information properly and strives to protect such information by complying with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other applicable laws and regulations.
Collection of personal informationThe AXIES shall collect information with which specific individuals may be identified to the extent necessary to provide service in line with its business purpose. When collecting personal information, the AXIES shall, as a general rule, specify the intended use for such information, and obtain the consent of the subject of that information.
Use of personal informationThe AXIES shall use collected personal information within the scope of the following purposes.
- Contact with the subject of that information for management/operation purposes and identification of the person
- Contact with the subject of that information for the sake of AXIES’s operations, such as general meetings and board meetings
- Contact with the subject of that information for the sake of carrying out business plans, such as annual conferences and other events and services provided and provision of information thereof
- Other purposes incidental to the purposes of use above
- When required by law
- When the subject of that information has given consent
- When contracting out all or part of the handling of personal data within a scope necessary to achieve the business purposes (e.g., sharing the name and address of the person with a company to whom distribution and other services have been contracted out)
- Other than the above, when there is a legitimate reason conducive to achieving AXIES’s business plan